Tool for statistics

fulio pen

Hello,

I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
air. Thanks for your help.

fulio pen

cwdjrxyz

Hello,

I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
wonder what you guys are using for your sites.  Is there a better
package?  Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
air.  Thanks for your help.

I use Webalizer because my server host has it installed if you wish to
use it. Although you can download the results, I just review them
directly on the server. Webalizer gives far more statistics than I
have time to review in detail, but some of the results are useful at
times. If your host does not provide Webalizer, it likely could be
installed on the server, if they agree to let you do so.

fulio pen

I use Webalizer because my server host has it installed if you wish to
use it. Although you can download the results, I just review them
directly on the server. Webalizer gives far more statistics than I
have time to review in detail, but some of the results are useful at
times. If your host does not provide Webalizer, it likely could be
installed on the server, if they agree to let you do so.

Thanks. I guess I have to contact my server host and ask them to
install the Webalizer. I will do it right away. Thanks again.

fulio pen

Samuel van Laere

Op 24-9-2011 9:17, fulio pen schreef:
Hello,

I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
air. Thanks for your help.

fulio pen

I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
Suit my needs.

fulio pen

Op 24-9-2011 9:17, fulio pen schreef:

I use Piwik (http://piwik.org/).
Suit my needs.

I downloaded the folder to my hard drive. Do I need to upload it to
my web site? So far I've only uploaded individual files one by one,
but never a whole folder. Thanks for help again.

fulio pen

fulio pen

Op 26-9-2011 17:52, fulio pen schreef:

Here is how to install it:http://piwik.org/docs/installation/#toc-begin-your-installation

Thanks. I first downloaded the folder from http://piwik.org/ to my
hard drive. The name of the folder is latest.zip. Then I uploaded the
folder to my web site. Clicking the folder on the web site, I was
asked whether I intended to download it. Of course not, because the
folder is already in my hard drive.

Then I tried to open the folder on a browser. Its name was:
www.pinyinology.com/latest.zip. The first part of the URL is my web
site. The location is correct. But again, I was asked whether I
intended to download the folder. I must have done something wrong or
stupid. Thanks again.

fulio pen

Adrienne Boswell

fulio pen said:
our-installation

Thanks. I first downloaded the folder from http://piwik.org/ to my
hard drive. The name of the folder is latest.zip. Then I uploaded the
folder to my web site. Clicking the folder on the web site, I was
asked whether I intended to download it. Of course not, because the
folder is already in my hard drive.

Then I tried to open the folder on a browser. Its name was:
www.pinyinology.com/latest.zip. The first part of the URL is my web
site. The location is correct. But again, I was asked whether I
intended to download the folder. I must have done something wrong or
stupid. Thanks again.

fulio pen

It depends on your FTP client. Some clients will automatically unzip
stuff when it gets uploaded to the server.

Your best bet is to make a folder on YOUR machine, uncompress everything,
then FTP the uncompressed folders and files to the server, making sure
you keep the directory structure.

fulio pen

It depends on your FTP client.  Some clients will automatically unzip
stuff when it gets uploaded to the server.

Your best bet is to make a folder on YOUR machine, uncompress everything,
then FTP the uncompressed folders and files to the server, making sure
you keep the directory structure.

Thanks for the advice. I will try my best to follow the instruction.

fulio pen

Kristjan Robam

fulio pen said:
Hello,

I've been using Google Analytics to get statistics for my site for a
long time, but recently suspect that it is not quite accurate. I
wonder what you guys are using for your sites. Is there a better
package? Google Analytics is good, but maybe there is some fresh
air. Thanks for your help.

fulio pen

Personally I think that the Google Analytics is a big crap, better use some
well known counter for solving your problem.

Kristjan