Total noob question re: python icon

ArtDent

I read that this language has nothing to do with big reptiles, so how come
the icon shows a snake?
I understand that Linux is using the penguin, but how about an albatross or
perhaps a spiny hedgehog?
DINSDALE!?!

Ben Finney

I read that this language has nothing to do with big reptiles, so how
come the icon shows a snake?

The language has nothing to do with 1970s British comedy teams either.
I understand that Linux is using the penguin, but how about an
albatross or perhaps a spiny hedgehog?

Sure, how about it? Show us your designs.

ArtDent

Twas around:Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:40:58 GMT
When: Ben Finney <[email protected]>.
Within comp.lang.python.
Said
The language has nothing to do with 1970s British comedy teams either.

Err... sorry, just that the name came from there, according to Guido?
You are correct that the language (itself) has nothing to do with MP tho.
Sure, how about it? Show us your designs.

If only I could, heh, I had to take art class twice in high school, I
actually failed the first time.
The best I could come up with would be a crop from a screen capture or
something like that.
I must admit I was half trolling, half just backasswords saying hello to
all here with my original post.
I have not really coded anything in just about 30 years and have decided
that it is time I got 'back in the saddle' at least a little, I have a
project I want to do and have pretty much narrowed it down to python to
do it in.
So, anyway, hello all, sorry if I wasted your bandwidth for no 'real'
reason, but I promise to go back to lurk mode now. :))

Josiah Carlson

I have not really coded anything in just about 30 years and have decided
that it is time I got 'back in the saddle' at least a little, I have a
project I want to do and have pretty much narrowed it down to python to
do it in.

We hope that you like the way Python *feels*, and /hopefully/, the way
it helps you get your work done.

- Josiah