    I understand that Linux is using the penguin, but how about an albatross or
    perhaps a spiny hedgehog?
    DINSDALE!?!

    ArtDent, Feb 6, 2004

  2. ArtDent

    Ben Finney Guest

    The language has nothing to do with 1970s British comedy teams either.
    Sure, how about it? Show us your designs.

    Ben Finney, Feb 6, 2004

  3. ArtDent

    ArtDent Guest

    Twas around:Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:40:58 GMT
    When: Ben Finney <>.
    Within comp.lang.python.
    Said
    Err... sorry, just that the name came from there, according to Guido?
    You are correct that the language (itself) has nothing to do with MP tho.
    If only I could, heh, I had to take art class twice in high school, I
    actually failed the first time.
    The best I could come up with would be a crop from a screen capture or
    something like that.
    I must admit I was half trolling, half just backasswords saying hello to
    all here with my original post.
    I have not really coded anything in just about 30 years and have decided
    that it is time I got 'back in the saddle' at least a little, I have a
    project I want to do and have pretty much narrowed it down to python to
    do it in.
    So, anyway, hello all, sorry if I wasted your bandwidth for no 'real'
    reason, but I promise to go back to lurk mode now. :))

    ArtDent, Feb 7, 2004
  4. I have not really coded anything in just about 30 years and have decided
    We hope that you like the way Python *feels*, and /hopefully/, the way
    it helps you get your work done.

    - Josiah

    Josiah Carlson, Feb 7, 2004