transparency not complete

Ammammata

hello

this is the example: http://www.lurati-sa/temp/bordini.png

as you can see (well, as *I* can see in my firefox and explorer) there are
several white dots around the letters, even if I changed the palette and
set the proper value to be transparent (white color)

what can I do to "clean" it?

Jukka K. Korpela

this is the example:

Of what?

Of a broken URL, it seems.
as you can see (well, as *I* can see in my firefox and explorer) there are
several white dots around the letters, even if I changed the palette and
set the proper value to be transparent (white color)

No, we cannot see. Even if we could see your jpeg image, so what?

Do you have an HTML related question? With some real HTML, maybe? Well,
your problem is more probably about CSS, so we would need to see both
HTML and CSS as well as your description of what you expect to happen.

Christoph Michael Becker

Jukka said:
Of what?

Of a broken URL, it seems.
Indeed.

No, we cannot see. Even if we could see your jpeg image, so what?

It is most likely a PNG image.
Do you have an HTML related question? With some real HTML, maybe? Well,
your problem is more probably about CSS, so we would need to see both
HTML and CSS as well as your description of what you expect to happen.

I suspect this is neither about HTML nor CSS, but rather about PNG
transparency. I furthermore suspect that the non transparent pixels are
not exactly white.

Ammammata

Il giorno Thu 29 Aug 2013 01:37:26p, *Christoph Michael Becker* inviava
su alt.html il messaggio
Vediamo cosa
scrisse:

sorry but I double clicked the link and the picture is properly shown
just in case, this is the website: www.spazioyoga.ch
(please note: in firefox the alignment is ok, Explorer makes a mess: I'm
working on it)

I suspect this is neither about HTML nor CSS, but rather about PNG
transparency. I furthermore suspect that the non transparent pixels
are not exactly white.

maybe. I edited the palette, that's 16-colors, changing all near-whites in
full-whites
following your tip, I'll try changing also light-reds into full-whites,
thank you

Christoph Michael Becker

scrisse:

sorry but I double clicked the link and the picture is properly shown
just in case, this is the website: www.spazioyoga.ch
(please note: in firefox the alignment is ok, Explorer makes a mess: I'm
working on it)

Hmm, the domain lurati-sa can't exist, as the TLD is missing. The link
should be <http://www.lurati-sa.com/temp/bordini.png>.

The image on said:
maybe. I edited the palette, that's 16-colors, changing all near-whites in
full-whites
following your tip, I'll try changing also light-reds into full-whites,
thank you

It's possible that the undesired colors are a relict of GIF dithering.
However, I don't know how to best remove these pixels--you may consider
asking in a forum/newsgroup related to image editing.

Ammammata

Il giorno Thu 29 Aug 2013 06:41:27p, *Ed Mullen* inviava su alt.html il
messaggio Vediamo cosa scrisse:

ops! you're right :(
my firefox adds automatically the .com
Hmm, didn't notice that. But the link worked for me anyway as my
browser (SeaMonkey) inserted the ".com" for me.

see above