trap

perlperl

I generate SNMP trap frequently on my hosts

Is there a perl script i can write to receive the SNMP traps?

i m using perl 5.6.1 (cannot upgrade to 5.8 due to restrictions)

I found this useful

http://search.cpan.org/~hardaker/NetSNMP-TrapReceiver-5.0301/TrapReceiver.pm
but,

1) will it work on perl 5.6.1
2) I installded the above module on windows, but couldnot find the file
snmptrapd.conf

is it a part of Net::SNMP module, do i need to install that module also

Thrill5

perlperl said:
I generate SNMP trap frequently on my hosts

Is there a perl script i can write to receive the SNMP traps?

i m using perl 5.6.1 (cannot upgrade to 5.8 due to restrictions)

I found this useful

http://search.cpan.org/~hardaker/NetSNMP-TrapReceiver-5.0301/TrapReceiver.pm
but,

1) will it work on perl 5.6.1
2) I installded the above module on windows, but couldnot find the file
snmptrapd.conf

is it a part of Net::SNMP module, do i need to install that module also

NetSNMP is different than Net::SNMP. The former is an set of executables
and libraries that allow applications to use SNMP services and is an SNMP
agent, while the later is a Perl implementation that allows a you to ACCESS
an SNMP agent.

You need to install the "Net-SNMP" package on your system. The Perl module
you downloaded allows Perl to talk with the "Net-SNMP" application to allow
your Perl program to receive the traps. See http://www.net-snmp.org for
more info.

Scott