Trouble on creating a new web project - UNC share does not exist or you do not have access

Simon Chung-Jen Chuang

Hello,

While I tried to create a new web project in VS.NET, I got the following
error message:
"Unable to create Web project 'Portal'. The UNC share
'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web' does not exist or you do not have access."

My server's OS is Windows 2000 Server. My steps are:
In IIS:
1. create a virtual directory 'Portal'. Its local directory is
'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web'.

In VS.NET:
2. in 'Add New Project' dialog box, select the followings and click 'OK'
button.
Project Types: Visual C# Projects
Templates: New Project In Existing Folder
Name: Portal

3. in 'Create a New Project in an Existing Folder' dialog box, input the
following and click 'OK' button.
Folder location: http://localhost/Portal

4. And then, VS.NET tell me the error message:
"Unable to create Web project 'Portal'. The UNC share
'E:\Project\Portal\Src\Web' does not exist or you do not have access."

Can you help me to resolve the problem? I have tried for many days.

Thank you very much,
Simon