troubles with CSS positioning in different browsers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Milan Krejci, Oct 11, 2007.

  1. Milan Krejci

    Milan Krejci Guest

    Milan Krejci, Oct 11, 2007

  2. Remove this line:
    <!-- saved from url=(0022)http://internet.e-mail -->

    as it drives IE into Quirks Mode,
    and switch to Strict doctype:

    Beyond that, I can't answer because you didn't say what is "proper".
    You have your CSS assignments in the wrong order.
    "LVHA" (mnemonic: Las Vegas Has Animals)

    a:link { color: blue; }
    a:visited { color: yellow; }
    a:hover { color: red; }
    a:active { <some other color> }

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 11, 2007

  3. Milan Krejci

    dorayme Guest

    Your document is a mess generated by God knows what program?

    There are pics that are not loading from the server or have been
    misnamed, eg,
    http://www.petrucci.cz/_pic_ostatni/PND/gif/vitame.gif?

    Is this some sort of spacer gif and somehow it is supposed to do
    the job whether it bothers to come down from the server or not?

    You have something before the doctype declaration which is sure
    to confuse.

    You have a puzzling character after your a:link {color:blue;?>

    You have a wrong markup for the ending of an img tag,

    "...align="left" border="0" />", given your doctype

    You are using absolute positioning and this tool is a
    sophisticated and advanced one needing advanced skills to
    implement it successfully. Forget about it for the moment.

    dorayme, Oct 11, 2007