    "Y" outputs...

    Regards
    Shibu

    shibu, Aug 24, 2003

  2. shibu

    Roadie Roger Guest

    (shibu) wrote
    Are you using some kind of compiler/optimiser that will let you look
    at the optimised equations? To state the obvious, if you have a total
    of N states and inputs you have a lookup table of 2^N entries. The
    width of each entry is the number of outputs you have. If you have a
    limited number of inputs and lots of memory, the solution is
    straightforward. Roadie Roger

    Roadie Roger, Aug 30, 2003

  3. You have a set of dependences of your boolean function. In case that
    there is only one function satisfying these dependences, they define
    a truth table. The simplest way is to define a set of n k-dimensional
    character arrays for a function from 2**k to 2**n (n boolean functions
    with k arguments). In you case this might be
    'unsigned char arr[4][2][2][2][2];' - n and k are equal to 4..

    First, set all the elements of the arrays to some illegal boolean value,
    e.g. 'memset(arr, 3, sizeof(arr))'. Then, for every rule, set the array
    values to satisfy the rule - 'arr[0][1][1][1][1] = 0;' etc. For consistency
    check, test if you ever change a value from 1 to 0 or vice versa -
    in this case there is NO truth table satisfying your rules. When you
    finished, test if there is an undefined value in the tables, a character
    equal to 3 in our case. If this happens, your rules don't completely
    define a set of boolean functions.

    If you succeeded to build a lookup table, you can see the value
    of the result Qi as 'arr[p1][p2]...'.

    Good luck!

    Michael

    Michael Tiomkin, Sep 2, 2003
  4. shibu

    Mario Trams Guest

    Using a lookup table for speed-optimization or a language description
    (i.e. boolean logic coding) for size-optimization ???

    Regards,
    Mario

    Mario Trams, Sep 4, 2003