Trying to create my first ASP.Net application

Frank Wilson

Tom,

It sounds to me like ASP, not ASP.NET is handling the
request for WebForm1.aspx. This is most likely an IIS
config issue that may have been caused by order of
installation or reinstallation, or possibly even
something that happened in IIS before .NET was
installed.

Here is a way to prove or disprove my theory:

Look at the properties on the virtual directory in IIS
that Visual Studio created for you when you created your
project. On the Virtual Directory tab, click the
Configuration button in the Application Settings
section. You should see the Application Configuration
window popup. On the Mappings tab, find .aspx in the
column on the left and highlight that row. Click the
Edit button to see the details.

What you should see, if setup correctly, is the
Executable Path pointing to aspnet_isapi.dll. You should
also see the following verbs listed: GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG.

If that is not setup correctly, then you can either
manually fix it, which I would not recommend (because
there are many other dependencies that could be out of
sync), or you can reinstall just the .NET Framework
components. I'm not positive that reinstalling will fix
it, but it's a good place to start.

hth,
Frank