Type ahead dropdown box

Peter

Does anyone know of a good dropdown WebForm control that works like the
Windows Forms dropdown control with type ahead feature, Where user can type
in a value and it automatically displays the like values in the listbox, or
user can click on the down arrow to bring a list of all items? I have found
controls but they either do no let you type in the box or there is no
down-arrow to click to display all of the items in the listbox, just like
the Windows Forms dropdown box or you have to buy a huge library. I just
need the single control.

Thanks

Peter

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

Do you mean a customized DropDownList which can select item by typing in it
(when it has focus)? Maybe you can check out following control:
http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=215

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

Peter

Walter Wang said:
Hi Peter,

Do you mean a customized DropDownList which can select item by typing in
it
(when it has focus)? Maybe you can check out following control:
http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=215

Sincerely,
Microsoft Online Community Support

ications.

rights.

Sorry! I forgot to mention that it has to be .NET 1.1

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

What do you think of the ComboBox Control recommended by Steve? It's
written in .NET 1.1.

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Peter

Steve C. Orr said:
Here's a really nice free one you should definitely look into:
http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ComboBox.aspx

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr

Thank you for suggestion, but this one needs some work to be usable and
right now I do not have time to work on it.
Although it works it has some quirks that make it frustrating for the user.
For instance when you stop typing in the text box the cursor goes to the
beginning of the text, when you use the back space the type ahead does not
work and it does not work in FireFox although it's not a concern for me
right now.

I hate to complain because this control is free and it has the source code
so I can change what ever I want, but I just don't have time to do that.

Walter Wang [MSFT]

Hi Peter,

I am interested in this issue. Would you mind letting me know the result of
the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.
I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Microsoft Online Community Support

Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
When you say "buy a huge library", do you mean you don't want to have to buy a suite, or you don't want to buy a control with more functionality than you need? I'm curious as to whether EasyListBox might meet your requirements...