Unable to create web project

Herman

Hi group,
I'm not sure if here's the right subgroup to post my
question but just figure to give it a try. Anyway, When
I open a new ASP .NET Application project from VS.NET,
I had window showed 'Web Access Failed' with following
error msg:

The default web access mode for this project is set to
file share, but the project folder at
'http://localhost/Spikeshop' cannot be opened
with the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop'.

Unable to create Web project 'Spikeshop'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop' does not correspond to
the URL 'http://localhost/Spikeshop'. The two need to
map to the same server location.

I'm using XP Pro w/ SP1, .NET FrameWork 1.1, v1.0.3705.
Any ideas?

Jan Tielens

I suggest you post this question in the ASP.NET or VisualStudio.NET
newsgroups, this one is for webservices.

Guest

Try to create a virtual directory directory name as
Spikeshop and point it to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Spikeshop