Unable to start debugging on the web server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Coder, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Coder

    Coder Guest

    Hi everyone !
    I've prblems starting debugging a web project. A win project works just
    fine, but a web project refuses.
    I can attach to the the process, and that works, but when trying to start up
    from the IDE (Debug -
    Start), it only comes up with the message
    "Unable to start debugging on the web server", preceeded by a message "Error
    while trying to run project". There is no extra information after the first
    one.

    I've also worked through all suggestions on the support.microsoft.com,
    everything seems to match up.
    It also says that autoattaching works ok, but then ... silence. The project
    runs when I start it up as "Start without debugging".
    I'm running a Win 2003 server, using VS .net 2003.

    I've checked everything in this article :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/vsdebug/html/vxtbshttpservererrors.asp

    I've seen similar posts, but no answers.

    Do anyone have any tips ?

    best regards
    Terje

    Coder, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Coder

    Coder Guest

    Just got to add: It did work until a couple of weeks ago, then it just
    stopped.....

    Coder, Jan 26, 2004