Unable to start debugging on the web server

Coder

Hi everyone !
I've prblems starting debugging a web project. A win project works just
fine, but a web project refuses.
I can attach to the the process, and that works, but when trying to start up
from the IDE (Debug -
Start), it only comes up with the message
"Unable to start debugging on the web server", preceeded by a message "Error
while trying to run project". There is no extra information after the first
one.

I've also worked through all suggestions on the support.microsoft.com,
everything seems to match up.
It also says that autoattaching works ok, but then ... silence. The project
runs when I start it up as "Start without debugging".
I'm running a Win 2003 server, using VS .net 2003.

I've checked everything in this article :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../en-us/vsdebug/html/vxtbshttpservererrors.asp

I've seen similar posts, but no answers.

Do anyone have any tips ?

best regards
Terje