Unable to start debugging on the web server

derek

When I select "Debug->Start" from the menu to debug my ASP.NET web app,
I get the
following error message in a dialog box:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server.

My Web.config has the following entry:
<compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" />
It runs fine when not trying to debug.

Any ideas?

Thanks, derek

Jeff Evans

derek said:
IIS on m local machine.

I assume you're using Visual Studio? Go to your project's properties page,
and check Configuration Properties/Debugging and make sure it's enabled in
there. This value has been known to inexplicably Falsify itself from time
to time. You could also check IIS settings for your application's virtual
directory root to make sure everything looks good there.