Unrecognized attribute 'validateRequest'

Guest

I have a PC that has windows 2000 Server ,Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0
installed
First time I tried to create a web application and debug it i had the error
"unable to debub ..." so i changed the username and Password attributes in
"processModel" section into mine , now I am able to debug but the page (even
if the page is empty ! ) alawys has this error
Unrecognized attribute 'validateRequest'
Source Error:
Line 10: <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Line 11: <identity impersonate="true"/>
Line 12: <pages buffer="true" enableSessionState="false"
enableViewState="false" validateRequest="false"/>
Line 13: <sessionState mode="Off"/>
Line 14: </system.web>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config Line: 12

would you please help ?
Thanks

Konrad Rotuski

this attribute was introduced with ver 1.1 of .NET Frmwk, so with 1.0 it
causes error

just remove this attribute when you run you application on 1.0 runtime, or
switch to 1.1

HTH

Konrad

Guest

Hi Konrad,Thanks for replying but what do you mean by "just remove this
attribute when you run you application on 1.0 runtime" ?
I am not adding this attribute in the web.config file , and it is not there
so how can I remove it ?
Thanks again for your help

Konrad Rotuski

remove validateRequest attribute from c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config (line
12)

how can it be that its not there when IIS says its there and shows its
contents .. ?

maybe some other IIS configuration issue ..

Konrad