    issue either.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance!

    Rick, Jul 20, 2007

  2. Rick

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 20, 2007

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I installed the Web Application Project Model, I thought that was the Same
    as SP1. I'm currently downloading SP1 to make sure I have the same version,
    it takes forever. Yes, I did load the 2003 project into VS 2005 and went
    through the conversion process, the only thing I haven't done yet is the
    Convert to Web application, I wanted to make sure everything was working
    before doing that.

    Rick, Jul 20, 2007
  4. re:
    !> I installed the Web Application Project Model, I thought that was the Same as SP1.

    It's not.

    re:
    !> I'm currently downloading SP1 to make sure I have the same version, it takes forever.

    Yes, it does take forever.

    URGENT : uninstall WAP before you apply SP1 !

    If you don't, SP1's version of WAP won't install correctly.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 20, 2007
  5. Hi Rick,

    I'm not sure if you've read this article or not:

    #Migrating a VS 2003 Web Project to VS 2005
    http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/Migration/Migration.aspx

    This documents the detailed steps needed to migrate a VS2005 web project to
    WAP. Please install VS2005 SP1 and try this migration guide.

    Regards,
    Walter Wang (, remove 'online.')
    Microsoft Online Community Support

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 23, 2007
  6. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Any Idea on how to unistall VS 2005 Web Applications Projects? It doesn't
    show up in the Add/Remove programs, but if I Open VS 2005 and look at about
    Visual Studio, it shows up in the list of installed products.

    Rick, Jul 23, 2007
  7. Are you sure you *fully* enabled WAP ?

    Did you install the file at :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...00-9554-4733-8725-3CA89DD9BFCA&displaylang=en

    That had to be installed *previous* to installing WAP itself.

    See :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/Aa336618.aspx

    re:
    !> It doesn't show up in the Add/Remove programs, but if I Open VS 2005
    !> and look at about Visual Studio, it shows up in the list of installed products.

    That's odd...unless you didn't install WAP with the separate
    install package which preceded it bring rolled into VS 2005 SP1.

    If you are sure your install was made with that separate file, and not with SP1
    ( or the SP1 beta ), you could try to reinstall WAP ( and uninstall it afterwards ).

    Reinstalling it should make it appear in the Add/Remove Programs list.

    The original installation file is here :

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...0-49dca1aef87c/webapplicationprojectsetup.msi

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 23, 2007
  8. Rick

    Rick Guest

    When you say *fully* enabled WAP, what do you mean by that? I installed it
    not long after installing VS 2005. Then SP1 came out shortly after that, and
    I installed that.

    So anyway, I tried reinstalling the Web applications project. Still didn't
    show up in the Add/Remove Programs. So, I uninstalled SP1 and the Microsoft
    Web Application Projects 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 didn't show up after
    that in the Installed products list in VS2005. So I reinstalled SP1 and it
    came back after reinstalling SP1. In the about window, it shows Microsoft
    Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600).

    Rick, Jul 23, 2007
  9. re:
    !> When you say *fully* enabled WAP, what do you mean by that?

    The first version of WAP wasn't fully installed by just installing it.
    We had to install the "update to support web application projects" :

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...00-9554-4733-8725-3CA89DD9BFCA&displaylang=en

    That had to be installed *previous* to installing WAP itself.

    re:
    !> So I reinstalled SP1 and it came back after reinstalling SP1. In the about window,
    !> it shows Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0.50727.762 (SP.050727-7600).

    You're good to go, now.

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 23, 2007
  10. Hi Rick,

    I'm writing to check the status of this post. Do you need further
    information on this issue? Please feel free to let us know. Thanks.

    Walter Wang [MSFT], Jul 27, 2007