Unspecified error with this.select();???

Rebecca Lovelace

I am trying to debug someone else's code and having a puzzling
problem, was hoping someone had run into this before.

There is a series of form inputs with onfocus="this.select();" on
them. Everything is fine except on returning to the page (I'm
thinking some query string variables or something are set differently)
I get a runtime error on the script line with the this.select() (if I
go into the debugger sure enough it gets highlighted). The error
message says "unspecified error". The form element appears to have
just "" in it.

Has anyone seen this before? If I know what to screen/check for to
avoid this error, then I could do it. But nothing looks unusual about
the form element, this.select() is just refusing to work. I did a web
search and found nothing about this sort of error, it is really
baffling. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Rebecca