unwanted URL encoding

ann

I am writing my first .net app in vs 2008, .net 3.5 and using IIS 6. I am
filling an iframe with an external url that I create dynamically. This is
working fine except for the fact that my url is encoded - in specific the &
of the querystring in my url is now &

So basically this: http://someurl.com?query1=someval&query2=someval

becomes this: http://someurl.com?query1=someval&query2=someval

Is .net doing this or is it IIS? How do I disable this? If it's .net, can
I disable at page level? I tried ValidateRequest="false" on the off chance
it might help, but it doesn't change anything.

Any help appreciated - thanks

Niraj Ranka

Both the links are same.
Welll url encoding can managed by encode / decode functions in request
object.

ann

The reason they look the same is because I don't know how to get the amp
portion to display (html encoding) in this forum.

My question/problem is that I am not encoding but it ends up encoded. I
don't want the url encoded - I am filling in a iframe from different url
sources - and passing parameters - the issue is, I have no way of knowing if
the other party/url will be able to decode the parameters/query string - so
it has to go without being encoded.

So my question remains - where is this happening from and how do I disable it?

Tom von Alten

ann said:
...working fine except for the fact that my url is encoded - in specific
the [ampersand] of the querystring in my url is now [ampersand]amp;

..NET is doing this, and is quite persistent at blocking attempts to
dynamically write URLs and stuff them into GridView cells.

After some thrashing today, I found the <asp:HyperLinkField> is the
..NET-provided means for assembling URLs. It's their way or a very hard way.