Updating DataSet with data from controls.

Dave Dodd

Hi All,

I am new to dotnet and so far I am really enjoy using it.

I am trying to figure out if the dataset is supposed to be updated when
IsPostBack is true.

For instance, I have a page with some TextBox controls that are bound to a
dataset columns.
I make a modification to one of the TextBox's and click a button.
On the click event handler I want to update the database.

I am only calling this.BindData in the if (!IsPostBack) statement.

My DataSet seems to get fill with original values. I want the DataSet to
contain the values from the page controls.

So far the only way I have figured out how to get this to work is to
manually copy the contents of each control on the page to the corresponding
column in the DataRow.

Is it possible to have the DataSet automatically updated with the data from
the page controls?

Any information is much appreciated,

Thanks,

Dave