urgent help needed !

andy

I have user controls(.ascx) programmed to function as modules on the same
page - default.aspx.
As you would be well aware, default.aspx has the normal html stuff:-

<%@ Page language="c#" codebehind="default.aspx.cs"
inherits="xmlportal.read" autoeventwireup="false"%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>.....</HEAD>
<BODY>......</BODY>
</HTML>

Now, here's my problem:-
I want to change the ContentType of this page to "text/Xml" based on a
condition in an ascx.cs codebehind.......i tried doing it with
Page.ContentType="Text/Xml".....but got an error.....as it could NOT display
xml using the given stylesheet.

Please suggest a way in which I could REMOVE/DEACTIVATE all the
<DOCTYPE>...<HTML> elements (override them) and display the xml on the page
instead by using the xml Page CONTENT TYPE.

Thanks a lot.
Andy
IESL, MIT