User Control with Input Parameter

Jay

I want to be able to create a UserControl that consists of
a header, a menu system under the header, and a graphic
down the left side. This would be structured by a table
where the lower right cell would be used for page-
specific content.

How do I create such a UserControl that has an input
parameter I can set to any HTML script.

Thanks.

jay

John Saunders

Jay said:
I want to be able to create a UserControl that consists of
a header, a menu system under the header, and a graphic
down the left side. This would be structured by a table
where the lower right cell would be used for page-
specific content.

How do I create such a UserControl that has an input
parameter I can set to any HTML script.

In a custom control, you can use templates to add arbitrary HTML. I'm not
sure you can do it with a user control. Certainly, there's no designer
support for it.

This is also much more complicated than most uses of user controls. You'd be
well advised to learn a good deal about controls before you try it. One good
book is "Developing Microsoft® ASP.NET Server Controls and Components" from
Microsoft Press, by Nikhil Kothari and Vandana Datye
(http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5728.asp)