User Controls - Property Pages and Region

M West

hello,

1. I am trying to write a control that inherits from a Windows control, does
anyone know how to write property pages for a control (similar to the way
you would do it in VB6) as i cannot find any examples

e.g. wrote a property called maskcolour and want the user to choose the RGB
setup, ideally when the user clicks on the property it would display a
property page with three slider controls to allow the user to choose the
particular colour value, otherwise i will have to set the property to string
and the user manally enters the value ??

2. does anyone know of a control that supports the region property, i know
form does but you cannot place a form on top of another form as a control,
again cannot find region property, form region property is used when using
transparency such as designing skins for media player etc, must be a control
that can be inherited which will also follow the same procedure.

thanks in advance Mark

Paul

Look at article in MSDN.
Getting the Most Out of the .NET Framework PropertyGrid Control