UserData size limit in a FormsAuthenticationTicket

Simon Laroche

Is there a size limit to the userData in a FormsAuthenticationTicket ?

I'm asking this because when I try to encrypt the FormsAuthenticationTicket
it returns a null but only when the userData is pretty large (about 3000 characters)

thanks,

Simon

Hernan de Lahitte

Actually, there is a limit of 4KB that is dictated by the max. cookie size.
However, your userdata should be smaller than this limit because of the
additional info that adds the forms auth. ticket and specially if it's
encrypted.