Using aspx page like this: <script src="ASPXPageHere.aspx"></scrip

Mike

Hi. I have an HTML file CallingPage.html shown below. It contains a script
with a source from an aspx page named Default.aspx.
<script language="JavaScript" src="Default.aspx"></script>
-------------------
The only line of html I have for Default.aspx is the following:
document.write("<%response.write(request.UrlReferrer)%>");
Then this will cause CallingPage.html to appear with the text CallingPage.html

My question is: How do I use VB.NET instead of document.write, to output the
request.UrlReferrer and product the same result - The calling page's name on
the calling page?

Thanks! Mike

Guest

Hi. I have an HTML file CallingPage.html shown below. It contains a script
with a source from an aspx page named Default.aspx.
<script language="JavaScript" src="Default.aspx"></script>
-------------------
The only line of html I have for Default.aspx is the following:
document.write("<%response.write(request.UrlReferrer)%>");
Then this will cause CallingPage.html to appear with the text CallingPage.html

My question is: How do I use VB.NET instead of document.write, to output the
request.UrlReferrer and product the same result - The calling page's name on
the calling page?

Hi Mike

document.write is from javascript and you will need that method to
output the result of Default.aspx

response.write is for output in ASP.NET, it also can be written in the
following way:

document.write("<%=request.UrlReferrer%>");