using C++ from perl

Sergei Emantayev

Hello, dear all!
My question is about using C++ classes from Perl.
Is it possible to create and manage c++ objects in perl?
Is there any helper libraries like boost.python?

Reto Hersiczky

The CPAN module "Inline" by Brian Ingerson is excellent for that.
It might be necessary to customize your C++ classes so they
work together wth Inline.

There is a German article available about this issue on
http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2003/02/perl/perl.html

"C-Funktionen in Perl mit dem Inline-Modul"

As far as I know, this Module has even won an award. You can
re-assemble any compiled language in your Perl Module, not only
C/C++. The Inline module checks the MD5 fingerprint of the related
code section and calls the precompiled code if there are no changes.
When changes are made, the Inline module automatically recompiles
the code section (all the dirty work). All you'd notice would be a
one-time delay for the compilation time.

--retoh :)