using classic asp include files in an asp.net app

chriso

I have a classic asp app which is reaching the end of it's lifetime in so
far as being able to maintain it and I want to re-write it in asp.net.

A complete re-write, although desireable, is out of the question for various
reasons. My desire is to convert bits of the classic asp as I go therefore
converting small chunks as part of the normal maintenance..

However the classic asp app has many include files scattered throughout with
much of the buisness logic embedded in them.

I was wondering if there was a way to use the current classic asp include
files from asp.net so that I could modify pages as I go along.

I know this won't give me the best separation in the world but it will give
me a better starting point from which I can then start to better modularize
the logic.

There probably is a nice article about this out on the net but I couldn't
find one.

Any help will be appreciated.

Guest

You won't be able to use your existing ASP "Classic" include file in your
ASP.NET application.

First, ASP.NET doesn't have include files. Second, even if it did, ASP.NET
doesn't support VB Script, but full VB.NET. And thought there are some
circumstances where you can make VB Script work in VB.NET, those
circumstances are akin to 5-planet alignements: yes, it happens, but not
often.

Now, you can run ASP and ASP.NET applications together in the same virtual
directory. You WILL NOT be able to share Session information without a
significant amount of work (you'd have to create a custom solution for
session information) ... the Session object is not shared.