Using Expect to spawn an interactive tool

mailbox

I need to run a full-screen interactive database access program.
But invoking it involves responding to prompts for database name,
user and password before I can key in database queries. I'm
wondering if Expect would be appropriate for automating the
invocation sequence and then passing control to my fingers.
My limited experience with Expect has been to use it for short
interactions with the operating system that aren't open-ended
like that.