Using javascript:function() in Netscape 4.x

Martin O'Rourke

All,

I am trying to use a URL to call some javascript to do something, which
is working fine in IE6 but using the same code in Netscape 4.79 I cannot
get it to work at all.

I get no errors, but no results either, Netscrape just sits there and
does nothing ?

Below is an emample of what I am attempting to do. I have had a search
through previous posts and tried to implement some of the suggested
solutions but non seem to provide me with a solution in Netscape, even
though all of the seem to work correctly in IE

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Martin

file1.js

function GenerateURL()
{
alert('Hello');
}

example1.jsp

<script language="javascript" src="c:\file1.js"></script>
false">Example2
<A HREF="#" onClick="GenerateURL()">Example5</a>

Note: It is split across the two files for a reason

Stuart Palmer

I wonder if it's the c:\ which is causing the problem. Put the JS file in
the same dir as the example1.jsp and just put
<script language="javascript" src="file1.js"></script>

Netscape on my machine when you view a file on the machine ina dir structure
displays file:///C|/ so the best way is to reference it either absolutly
(from the web server POV) or relative.

Hope that helps

Stu