Using Microsofts File Upload ActiveX Control

John Boghossian

Has anyone successfully used the file upload activex control.

It would be nice to hear of any practical experiences. I tried to get it
working, but I didn´t succeed.

Regards
John

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi John,

Have you checked the following URL? There is a simple example.

File Upload Control Object
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/management/tools
/reference/file_upload_control.asp
"...
The File Upload Control is an Microsoft ActiveX control onto which users
can drag and drop files or directories for posting to the server hosting
the page with the control.
The Web page in the following example hosts the File Upload Control, which
can be used to upload HTML content. Script on the page contains a call to
the control's CreateTempBinding method, which creates a temporary site and
binds to it.
"

If I have misunderstood your concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Multiple file upload using ActiveX control(like sharepoint)

Hi Jacob Yang,

I am not able to get the link(breaking). Can you please resend/post the link.I need a multiple file upload using MS ActiveX Control, i am developing a page for WSS 3.0, which contains upload to upload documents to some other system with additional processing.

Issue:-
Not able to capture the reference for ActiveX control selected files in xxxxx.aspx.cs file.

Joined
Jul 30, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
ActiveX file upload control

try this ActiveX control, it's very powerful and easy to use: cuteupload.com

they have free edition for you to try as well, the commercial edition just removed the ads on the control.