Using ScriptingContext from a ASP.net page

Oenone

Hopefully this is the relevant group for this question, please let me know
if it's not.

We have a system that we've been using for years running from COM DLLs
invoked from an .asp page. It uses the OnPageStart event to retrieve a
ScriptingContext object (all non-.net stuff so far). It uses a series of
plugin DLLs to offer additional functionality.

I've been trying for the last couple of days to get a VB.net class to work
as one of these plugins (using COM interop so that it can be instantiated
from the COM DLL using CreateObject) but have been having various problems.
One of them is that I can't get the debugger to trigger on my code. My
breakpoints are ignored.

In an attempt to make this work I've added a Web application to my solution
with an .aspx page from which I'm trying to call the COM DLL that hosts our
service. It does this by overriding the Render method of the ASPX object,
and using Server.CreateObject() to call into the COM DLL. The project is
then set to open the .aspx as its startup action.

I've set the aspCompat property to True and my COM DLL successfully
retrieves a ScriptingContext object. There are some definite differences in
behaviour between this object and the original VB6 object (such as
Request.QueryString now returning an IRequestDictionary object instead of a
String) which I can work around but one that I cannot: whenever I call the
Request.Redirect method I get the following error:

Method 'Redirect' of object 'IResponse' failed

It doesn't matter where I try to redirect to, it always fails. Can anyone
suggest why this might be happening?

Also even when I do get the COM DLL to call into my .net class, the
breakpoints still don't trigger. I have "Generate Debugging Information"
checked in my project properties and can't see anything else I should need
to do. Can anyone help me with this too?

I've still got a heck of a lot to learn about .net at the moment so perhaps
I'm just approaching this wrong, I'd be grateful for any help anyone can
offer.

Many thanks,