Using Sessions with Windows Authentication

naija naija

I'm using Windows Auth!
And i'm validating against a Datastore which is Active Directory.But i
want to use session to capture the USER LOGON between trips to the web
server.
What i want to do is to capture a particular USER LOGGED so that they
can see different settings on my ASP.NET page
Any ideas?

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You don't need to use session for this. With Windows authentication,
Context.User will contain an IPrincipal object with the user's information
in it. The Identity.Name will have the Windows user name of the user who
logged in.

Joe K.

naija naija

Yeah i know that!
But i want to pass the Identity.Name that is logged in to a SQL server
or to somewhere else..
Like the way we do with sessions?