Using WebParts generates SQL-error ???

Chris Peeters

Hi,

I try to use WebParts but when browsing to my page I get following error
:

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
connections"

Actually I get the error as soon as I drag a WebPartManager on the page.
Right now my page doesn't contain anything else.
Following is the ONLY code in my project (no .cs files, no web.config) :

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:WebPartManager ID="WebPartManager1" runat="server">
</asp:WebPartManager>
</form>

As you can see I am not using any DB at all !
I browse to it and bang !!!

how come ?

thank you
Chris

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

I get that error in VS2005, absolutely annoying. I don't remember the exact
remedy, but I think I dragged another web part that wasn't hooked to sql,
and loaded the page, closed the browser and VS2005. Re-opened, removed the
web part and added the right one. It worked for me, not sure if it will work
for you.