Using xmllint and xpath without --shell

Neil McNaughton

Using

xmllint --shell ...

there is a great xpath parser. For instance you can do "//body" to extract
only the <BODY of an html document.

But how can you do this with just the commande line?

I need a shell one liner to grab the contents of a <body> XXXX </body>
tag...Preferably without using perl...

Neil

grouch

Neil said:
Using

xmllint --shell ...

there is a great xpath parser. For instance you can do "//body" to extract
only the <BODY of an html document.

But how can you do this with just the commande line?

I need a shell one liner to grab the contents of a <body> XXXX
tag...Preferably without using perl...

Neil

You can use xmlstarlet (http://xmlstar.sourceforge.net/)
xml sel -t -v "//body" your.xml