v2.0: UserControls, Postback, and WebParts

Kelly Leahy

I have a user control, in a web part (that implements the IWebPart
interface), and it contains a DataList that allows editing (via the
EditItemIndex property and EditItemTemplate).

All works well when it is the only web part on the page, or when
personalization is turned off. However, if I turn personalization on (on the
web part manager) and it is the "second" webpart on the page (meaning the
second one in the template, actually - it doesn't matter which order it is
displayed in), it doesn't receive my "Update" command postback after entering
edit mode (it enters edit mode correctly - apparently, but then when I click
on my Update linkbutton (which works fine when this is the only control on
the page)) the event is not fired, but the control reverts to non-edit mode.
I've put breakpoints on all of the code in my user control, and the only code
that executes is the Form_Load and associated code - none of the event
handlers).

Any ideas? Once again, when I turn personalization off on the web part
manager, all works fine. I can't for the life of me even figure out how to
diagnose this problem.

Kelly Leahy

Ok... more information.

Apparently, something is hosed in my personalization db, because if I
changed the ID of the offending control, everything worked fine with
personalization mode turned on.

Next question - how do I clear the personalization data from the
personalization DB without recreating it completely? This is an app still in
development, so I could potentially recreate the DB, but I'd rather only blow
away the personalization stuff, since I have a fair amount of user
permission/role config in there I'd rather not have to recreate.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly