Validation jscript not firing on the deployment site

Rolly Ferolino

Has anyone encountered a problem where the validation events are not raised
on a machine? These events are all working in our development environment
but when we deploy them to WebHost4Life server, the events are not raised.
Is this something to do with differences in configuration, .NET Framework
version, service packs, etc. Just want to know if you, folks, have
experienced /encountered this, especially those who are using WebHost4Life
as their provider.

TIA.
Rolly

Brock Allen

You're probabaly missing the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client directory on
the host machine. This would make me think asp.net wasn't properly installed.

Guest

Brock,

Thanks for the reply. We are using the following entry in the Web.Config
and supply our own copy WebUIValidation.js:

<webControls clientScriptsLocation="/Scripts/"/>

Thanks,
Rolly

Brock Allen

Well, then I imagine the problem has something to do with that :)

I've seen the built-in validators not firing because the .js was misplaced
or failed to download. I'd check my IIS logs to make sure the client is actually
getting the .js file or if they're getting a 404 instead. If that's not it,
then I'm not sure what to say, since I don't know what modifications you've
done to the original .js.

Guest

As what I said, the application is working our development boxes. We did not
do any modification to the WebUIValidation.js. We also notice that the
javascripts that are generated on our pages are not identical on the deployed
site and on development....same browser, same level of security and privacy.
So what is affecting the Framework to generate different scripts. Is it
configuration or settings on the server, etc????

Thank you for trying to help.

-Rolly