Validation occurs when trying to clear a form!?

Infidel

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how I can stop this from happening.

Basically, I'm using validation controls on a form which works great... but,
perhaps a little TOO great. When I click Clear... which is supposed to run
a function which empties all the fields and resets lists, etc... the
validation still kicks in and shows error messages, and the form doesn't
clear.

It's not until you fill in all required fields with valid info that the
Clear Form function runs.

What's going on, and how do i fix it?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy.

John M Deal

If your clear is behind an ASP.Net button (in its code behind event)
you'll need to set the CausesValidation property on the button to false.
Is this the case or is your clear routine being run on the client side?

Have A Better One!

John M Deal, MCP
Necessity Software

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Jeremy,

Set the CausesValidation property of the Clear button to False. Good luck!
Ken.

Infidel

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for your help... it worked a treat, I thought they'd be
something like that as it seemed to stupid a bug for this situation to
be allowed to occur.

I need to have a full list of Class Properties with me, as I'm using
Dreamweaver and guess which Property does not show up in the pop-up
context menu when editing controls... you guessed it! :p

Thanks again for your help.

Jeremy.