Validation Summary Message Box Not Displaying

Guest

For some reason our validation summary message box works with required
validators that we have, but for some reason when we created a custom
validator that checks for duplciate records the show message box doesn't
work. Any ideas?

Guest

Do you have example or know of some where I can look to see what I might be
doing wrong?

Peter Blum

The ShowMessageBox feature only works on validators that have client-side
code. When you build a customvalidator, you are allowed to add client-side
code. But until you do, it will not appear. For the cases where you cannot,
you will have to live with this limitation.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Thanks for the explanation Peter to Mike!!
Hope it helped Mike?
Patrick