    other server it doesn't do anything. Oh, and I'm using client-side
    validation.

    Any ideas?

    Andrei Pociu, Mar 7, 2005

  2. Andrei Pociu

    jongalloway Guest

    Sounds like your website on the second server might not have the
    aspnet_client files. Are you getting any javascript errors when the
    page is displayed?

    You can try running the following command on that server to (re)install
    the client scripts:
    aspnet_regiis -c
    The default location for aspnet_regiis.exe is
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ASPNETIISRegistrationToolAspnet_regiisexe.asp

    If that doesn't fix it, and you are getting a JS error, see this for
    some other ideas:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/rosherove/archive/2003/10/06/30652.aspx

    - Jon
    http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway

    jongalloway, Mar 7, 2005

  3. Andrei Pociu

    jasonkester Guest

    Looks like you might be missing some of the .js scripts that the client
    validator needs. Normally, the page will protest if you try to use
    client validation without them present, but you may just be out of
    synch.

    On the box that's not working, try:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis.exe -c

    Good luck!

    Jason
    http://www.expatsoftware.com/

    jasonkester, Mar 7, 2005
  4. Andrei Pociu

    Andrei Pociu Guest

    No, there is no JavaScript error.

    Thanks a million jongalloway and jasonkester, I have a feeling
    "aspnet_regiis -c" will fix it :)

    Yours,
    Andrei Pociu

    Andrei Pociu, Mar 7, 2005
  5. Andrei Pociu

    Alan Silver Guest

    Do you know if there is a way to install these files on one web site
    only? We have a web server with loads of sites, most of them Classic
    ASP, and we would like to install the ASP.NET client files on the (so
    far few) ASP.NET sites only.

    Running the aspner_regiis utility copies the files to every site on the
    server.

    On the production server, all sites are under one folder, ie we have one
    at F:\WebFolders\SiteOne and another at F:\WebFolders\SiteTwo and so on.
    On the development machine they are all over the place. Don't know if
    this makes a difference.

    TIA

    Alan Silver, Mar 14, 2005
  6. Using the command-line and aspnet_regiis,
    you can specify the virtual directory(ies)
    into which to install the client scripts.

    Just run aspnet_regiis without a parameter,
    and you'll get the syntax to do that.

    IIRC, it's -sn <path>
    i.e. :
    aspnet_regiis.exe -sn W3SVC/1/ROOT/YourApp

    aspnet_regiis.exe -lk will give you a list of all
    directories where ASP.NET is currently installed.

    [ In case you screw up, and have to use
    aspnet_regiis.exe -k to remove it... ;-) ]

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 14, 2005
  7. Andrei Pociu

    Alan Silver Guest

    Thanks Juan