VBSCRIPT

PATRICK

I'am running window server 2000 and MS frontpage on my
computer. I created ASP page with the frontpage editor.
The asp code are not running when I am trying to view the
page with my browser (Explorer 5.0). Could you please help
me?

Error: The contain element that needs to be save or
published

Evertjan.

PATRICK wrote on 30 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I'am running window server 2000 and MS frontpage on my
computer. I created ASP page with the frontpage editor.
The asp code are not running when I am trying to view the
page with my browser (Explorer 5.0). Could you please help
me?

The asp code (vbscript or jscript or others) runs only on an ASP-server
which outputs a rendered html page to the browser.

btw: If you want to learn something, do not use frontpage.

Evertjan.

Patrick Jastram wrote on 31 jul 2003 in
WHAT IS THE BEST WEB PAGE EDITOR. I ONLY HAVE FRONTPAGE.

1 Please do not shout, it is against netiquette.

2 The best is always a matter of opinion.

3 Frontpage is not an editor, it hacks and inserts without asking.

4 Try a simple texteditor like notepad, but better something like Editpad,
because of the superior search and replace, wordwrapping, multifile
behavour. visual aspect.

<http://www.editpadpro.com/>

<http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html>

Bob Barrows

Patrick said:
WHAT IS THE BEST WEB PAGE EDITOR. I ONLY HAVE FRONTPAGE.

Sorry? I can't hear you. Some idiot over there who doesn't know how to use
Google is shouting some gibberish at the top of his lungs ...

grw

3 Frontpage is not an editor, it hacks and inserts without asking.

It is a tool. The tool is only as good as its operator.

A Ratcliffe

True, but its also true that FrontPage can serious wreck your coding, and
obfuscate it with all its numerous 'additions'. An alternative to EditPad is
TextPad (by Helios Software) which I've used in the past to great effect
(Although these days I use VS.NET with all its
text-formatting/prettification turned off, but thats because I do more than
just classic ASP coding).

www.textpad.com

HTH,

A Ratcliffe