Vector drawing component for ASP.NET

Toble Rone

Im really stuck with this.

I have a propietary GIS system, with a georaphical database (like Oracle
Spatial)... with a lot of gis info and maps.

The point is ... i actually have a very big and complex subrutine that can
read and analize that DB... and generate an spatial output. I can use the
the Bitmap object from the System.Drawing namespace and simply draw the
output from teh DB.... but it's a bitmap/raster image.

What i need is some component for ASP.NET (and probabbly for ASP 3.0 too)...
similar to Bitmap object... but for vector drawing... so... i dont loose any
details when resizing... or any other cad operation.

Thanks in advance

clintonG

That's an old article. Microsoft decided for some reason to not
support SVG. Adobe provides a plug-in which is required
to view SVG in the browser. Thus, SVG is for the most part
only useful with Intranets.

There's good news on the horizon however. Microsoft has recently
acquired Creature House Expression [1]. I have posted opinions
regarding this acquisition in another newsgroup [2] that I believe
is worth the effort to read.

So the .NET Framework will not have any meaningful vector
graphics functionality until 2.0. Notably via Longhorn and Avalon
via XAML.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost"
Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/products/expression/
[2] news://microsoft.public.expression.discussion
Subject: Here's Why Microsoft Acquired Expression, 7/16/2004