Verification by Non-HDL(C++/Java)??

Davy

Hi all,

I found that some verification procedure using Non-HDL such as
C++/Java.

But how these Non-HDL language generate edge stimulus? Can Non-HDL also
generate @posedage???

Is there any basic idea behind it?

Best regards,
Davy

naren

Davy said:
Hi all,

I found that some verification procedure using Non-HDL such as
C++/Java.

But how these Non-HDL language generate edge stimulus? Can Non-HDL also
generate @posedage???

Is there any basic idea behind it?

Best regards,
Davy

Hi Davy,
They do it through an interface called VHPI (for VHDL) or PLI (for
verilog). A quick googling should give you decent links.
You could also write t/b's in perl / python et.al...
Thanks,
Naren.

mmintz

Hi Davy,

I am the creator to teal. Let me know if I can help in any way.

I am also real close to releasing a verification framework in C++.

Take Care,
Mike