vertical scroll inside table ?

Davor

is it possible ? I'd like to keep table header on top and scroll other rows.

Davor

Kris

Davor said:
is it possible ? I'd like to keep table header on top and scroll other rows.

Never tried, but my first guess would be something like:

tbody { height: 12em; overflow: auto; }

Place the table header rows in a THEAD element, the rest (the body of
the table) in the TBODY element.

Disco Octopus

Kris wrote on 9/01/2005 :
Never tried, but my first guess would be something like:

tbody { height: 12em; overflow: auto; }

Place the table header rows in a THEAD element, the rest (the body of
the table) in the TBODY element.

couldnt sleep, so tried it.

http://mycoolfish.com/t/blank.html

sort of work in mozilla. not working in IE or opera.

nice idea. I would also like to know if anyone has got this type of
thing working.

rf

Disco Octopus said:
sort of work in mozilla. not working in IE or opera.

nice idea. I would also like to know if anyone has got this type of
thing working.

This has been discussed many times. Usually it won't work in IE and requires
some hacks.

Check the archive.

Davor

hmm... I don't think it's a stupid question... hundreds of tags and css,
thousands of properties that nobody would ever need and this is one of most
fundamental functionalities in any table...

Davor

Fat Sam

Davor said:
is it possible ? I'd like to keep table header on top and scroll
other rows.

Davor

My first thought would be to use an Iframe within the table.....

Disco Octopus

Duende wrote :
While sitting in a puddle Disco Octopus scribbled in the mud:

Here's hoping you have insomnia tonight so by tomarrow it will work in IE &
Opera too. Would be cool if it would.

Sorry D. I got plenty of sleep.