    file browser... If you are into graphical IDEs you are probably going
    to enjoy it. Windows only unfortunately.

    http://mmm-experts.com/Products.aspx?ProductId=4

    ago, Jun 7, 2006

  2. ago

    sam Guest

    Very interesting, I have downloaded it,and I like what I see.

    sam, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Not me. I'll probably sound pedantic but
    - the editor text looks awful, changing the editor options had no effect at all
    - there is no network access of UNC paths other than through File >
    Open and Python Paths..... all of my code is on a network location
    - expanding and collapsing directories is done with a transition
    effect.... that drives me nuts

    Bernard

    Bernard Lebel, Jun 7, 2006
  4. ago

    ago Guest

    You can certainly change the font of the editor (Tools>Options>Editor
    Options>Display>Editor Font>Font), not to be confused with the font of
    the Gutter which only changes the font inside the left bar (i.e. for
    line numbers). Admittedly there are not too many fonts to choose from.

    ago, Jun 7, 2006
  5. Hello ago, Bernard,

    Furthermore the full source of the editor is available in the Delphi python
    VCL components package as an example from the same site. If you're a happy
    owner of Delphi, you just can change everything to your liking and
    recompile...;-))

    Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

    Jan

    Jan Bijsterbosch, Jun 12, 2006
  6. Great IDE! I love it. Two things that make me very happy:

    1. Unlike PythonWin and Stan's Python Editor (SPE), PyScripter shows
    not just methods but also attributes in the class browser. [I'll
    mention that Eric3 also does this, but I don't use Eric3 much because
    the editor component doesn't allow scrolling through my code with a
    mouse wheel (something I'm extremely used to being able to do at this
    point).]

    2. Extremely useful tooltips! You can receive context sensitive
    information on methods, variables, and classes just by hovering over
    them with your mouse! Awesome, truly awe inspiring.

    I also like the modern look! Very slick and configurable. The variable
    window below is nice too...

    Thanks for mentioning!

    Cheers,

    DigiO

    digitalorganics, Jun 12, 2006
  7. I happen to have delphi, so if someone wants me to make small changes,
    just let me know, I'll try to help....

    digitalorganics, Jun 12, 2006
  8. By the way, does anyone know if / how you can change the key bindings
    in PythonWin? In PyScripter, I was quite pleased that the autocomplete
    lets you make your selection by pressing enter (natural), yet in
    PythonWin you have to press tab (unnatural). Thanks.

    digitalorganics, Jun 12, 2006
  9. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I'd recommend using an IDE that
    isn't based on an obviously dead-end platform. (PyScripter is written
    in Delphi.)

    -Jonathan

    Jonathan Ellis, Jun 13, 2006
  10. Hmm... now that you offer, would it be possible to have the colors of
    text just like in IDLE?
    I tried configuring the colors, but some of them don't exist as options
    in this IDE (for example "orange").

    I like how text looks in IDLE, with orange for reserved words, green
    for strings, etc...

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jun 13, 2006
  11. As long as people keep on using win32, it will be just fine.
    After that, who knows what would be the best option? Delphi.Net
    perhaps?

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jun 13, 2006
  12. Hello Luis,

    Hmm, it's a little bit hidden, but if you go to Options / Editor / Syntax
    Colors and be sure to select Python language as editor syntax then select
    'reserved words' and after that from the color dropdown box select Custom...
    (the topmost option) a color dialog pops up and you can select any color You
    want...;-))
    With the above, no problem at all...;-))

    Jan Bijsterbosch, Jun 13, 2006
  13. Hello Jonathan,

    Hmm, dead-end platform, where did that idea come from?
    I certainly won't want to start anything remotely resembling to a language
    war<g>, but I have to say after more than 20 years of programming with
    Borland products in C, C++(Builder), Kylix and Delphi, there's certainly no
    end in sight yet...;-))

    Jan Bijsterbosch, Jun 13, 2006
  14. Thank you!
    You're right, the custom option is a litle bit hiddenm but now I
    customized it just as I wanted.
    Great IDE! I love it...

    Luis

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, Jun 13, 2006