    rickman Guest

    I am using VHDL-2008 and I like it, I like it a lot! I don't have a
    good reference book for it though. Anyone have a favorite?

    rickman, Feb 2, 2013

  2. Ditto :)

    Martin

    Martin Thompson, Feb 4, 2013

  3. rickman

    Reuven Guest

    I also like Dr. Ashenden's Designer's guide to VHDL the 3rd edition.

    Reuven, Feb 27, 2013
  4. rickman

    Andy Guest

    Jim Lewis of synthworks.com has a free downloadable presentation on the changes for the 2008 stuff. That, coupled with the 2008 LRM, is what I use (along with the tools' user guides' sections on supported 2008 features.)

    Andy

    Andy, Feb 28, 2013
  5. You can use J Bhaskar..

    Ramkrishna Mishra, Feb 28, 2013
  6. I use Synplify so I just refer to the "VHDL 2008 Support" section of the Synplify reference manual. They show examples of every 2008 feature that's synthesizable.

    kevin.neilson, Feb 28, 2013
  7. rickman

    rickman Guest

    Yes, I have this and it is great. But it is a presentation and short on
    details. Still, much, much better than nothing.

    rickman, Feb 28, 2013