vhdl code for crc32 checksum

anupam

Hi,
can any body tell me that how the crc32 is calculated for ethernet frames
and which byte is transmitted first . I am designing ethernet to pcm
converter (for 32 time slots)in FPGA.
Thanx in Advance.
Anupam

anupam

Hi Mike
First byte means , first byte from left or first byte from right.
Regards
anupam

Kai Harrekilde-Petersen

Allan Herriman said:
Bit and Byte order for Ethernet is well defined in the IEEE 802.3
standard.

To be more direct:

+------------+------------+----+------//------+--------+
| DMAC | SMAC | T/L| DATA | FCS |

Increasing time ---->

The first byte of the Destination MAC Address (DMAC) is the most
significant byte (bits 47 downto 40), and least significant bit (ie
bit 40) first. I presume this is why bit 40 is the multicast bit in
the address.

Note that the FCS is actually transmitted in a different order.
As Allan wrote, look the in the IEEE standard.

Regards,

Kai