VHDL Programming help

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by mbrook10, Apr 22, 2009.

  1. mbrook10

    mbrook10

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm building a simple processor that does pipe lining. I wanted to know if there is anyway I can call a component I made in another file within a case statement. Here's some of my code.

    architecture behv of MEM is

    COMPONENT CPU_Memory
    port(
    inData : in std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
    address : in std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
    read : in std_logic;
    write : in std_logic;
    clk : in std_logic;
    enable : in std_logic;
    outData : out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0)
    );
    end COMPONENT;
    signal BLANK: std_logic_vector(31 downto 0);
    begin

    BLANK <= std_logic_vector(to_unsigned(0, 31));
    process
    begin
    case opcode is
    when "010000" => --LW
    -- access "address" and output "outData"
    MEMLW: Memory
    portmap(BLANK,in_address,'1','0',clk,'1',outRead);

    When I call port map within my case statement I get an error saying illegal sequential statement. I wanted to know if there was another way around it.

    mbrook10, Apr 22, 2009