video editing

pratyush.aditya

hi,

can anybody tell me what are the steps and procedures that are to be
taken for video editing like frame extraction etc from avi,mpeg files
using C programming.

Jack Klein

hi,

can anybody tell me what are the steps and procedures that are to be
taken for video editing like frame extraction etc from avi,mpeg files
using C programming.

In standard C, which is the topic here, we can suggest that you use
fopen() to open the video file in binary, not text mode. Likewise, we
can suggest that you use fopen() to create your output files in binary
mode.

You can use fread() and fwrite() to get data from the source video
file, and write to your output file, respectively.

In between, you apply various algorithms to the data that you have
read to transform it into the data that you want. One of the
newsgroups in the hierarchy should be useful
here, this is not a language issue.

Or you could ask in a group that supports your particular compiler and
operating system combination. There may already be libraries
available to do the "in between" stuff for you.