View and place Usercontrols in Webforms

Guest

Hi,
I made a usercontrol with 2 TextBoxes and 2 labels.
When i place the usercontrol in a webform, i see the grey rectangle, and i can place the usercontrol only on the top of the form. I found that i can place the usercontrol in a panel, and so i can move the panel (and the control) in my WebForm.
There is another way to place the usercontrol so i can move the control without the panel, and a way to view the control in my WebForm at designtime also, without viewing only the grey rectangle?

Thank you
Alessandro Rossi.

Mohamed Sharaf

Hello Alessandro,
Please review this article
http://www.wimdows.net/articles/article.aspx?aid=10

regards,

--
Mohamed Sharaf
Microsoft GTSC Developer support for Middle East

Alessandro Rossi said:
Hi,
I made a usercontrol with 2 TextBoxes and 2 labels.
When i place the usercontrol in a webform, i see the grey rectangle, and i
can place the usercontrol only on the top of the form. I found that i can
place the usercontrol in a panel, and so i can move the panel (and the
control) in my WebForm.
There is another way to place the usercontrol so i can move the control
without the panel, and a way to view the control in my WebForm at
designtime also, without viewing only the grey rectangle?

Guest

I saw the article, but in that article, the user control is designed like a bitmap. Is there a way to create an .ascx user control and view the control at design time when i add it in a webform?

Thank you
Alessandro Rossi