Viewing ASMX

thecodefool

Hi
I have created several webservices, I need to do some better documentation than what is available now.

I would like to create some sort of Description, Code section i.e. how to invoke a certain method in like a code block and so on

This is all good, but isn't there an easier way

Could I use a stylesheet

Any answer would be appreciated or a sample would be better :-

Thanks

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

2 ideas

- replace the DefaultWsdlHelpGenerator.asmx with your own code.
- rather than put the doc in the attribute eg
webMethod[(Description="lots and lots of html")]
put a reference in the attribute. Eg
webMethod[(Description="see http://myserver/webservice/doc.html")]

and post the HTML where you want it.

thecodefool said:
Hi,
I have created several webservices, I need to do some better
documentation than what is available now.
I would like to create some sort of Description, Code section i.e. how to
invoke a certain method in like a code block and so on.
I can do this by typing out the html like this