Viewing Hidden Form Fields

Ronald Schow

When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
the trick?

J.O. Aho

Ronald said:
When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
the trick?

Hidden inputs works in the same way as all other inputs, as long as you have a
name and value, the data will be sent to the processing script.

--- form.html ---
<form action"nextpage.php">
<input type="text" name="visible" value="">
<input type="hidden" name="invisible" value="something">
<input type="submit">
</form>
--- eof ---

--- nextpage.php ---
echo "The visible input field: ".$_REQUEST['visible']."<br>";
echo "The hidden input field: ".$_REQUEST['invisible']."<br>";
--- eof ---

As you see no difference, and this applies to other script languages too.

Jonathan N. Little

Ronald said:
When I specify a hidden field on the form page, I'd like to see the
contents of that field on the target page. I'm not having any luck with
this. I can see the contents of every field except the hidden one. What's
the trick?

'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
giving the hidden fields a name...

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:40:29
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:
'cuz to are keeping the URL hidden as well! Well a WAG is you are not
giving the hidden fields a name...

A "wag" is what a dog does when it sees a squirrel, not a url.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:40:29
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:

A "wag" is what a dog does when it sees a squirrel, not a url.
Wild Ass Guess. Some may wag but mine have lunch! Very few squirrels in
my backyard.

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:58:08 GMT
Jonathan N. Little scribed:
Wild Ass Guess. Some may wag but mine have lunch! Very few squirrels in
my backyard.

How regurgitory! That's what happens when you leave civilization...