Visual Basic Express Edition

dancer

In Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition When I choose Console Application for
the project, the source code page automatically comes up with:
Module Module1

When I choose Windows Application, the page automatically comes up with
Public Class Form1

Why not Module in the Windows App page?

Also, ASP.NET Web Application is not one of the choices when choosing a new
project. Is there a way to add this?

Patrice

For ASP.NET you'll need to use Visual Web Developer Express. Visual Basic
Express is for Windows application.

As for the reason my guess would be that most Windows application are
starting with a form but this is a just a suggestion (though note that to
enable the application framework that helps to show a startup screen, that
handles settings etc that you'll find in the project settings, the startup
objet needs to be a form).

Use whatever best fit your needs within those constraints (that is a form
unless you don't want this part in whihc case you can start your windows
application with whatever you want. Similary you can start a console
application with a class with sahred members instead of using a module if
you wish).

dancer

Thank you for replying, Patrice.
I put code in VB Express using Module and it worked fine. I transferred the
same code to VWD Express and received this error:
'Module' statements can occur only at file or namespace level

Do you have a thought on this?