Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1 - A

paul clayton via .NET 247

Ok, there is alot of info about this and I have tried everything but still get the above error!

1. shut down ALL applications
2. Uninstall IIS 5.1
3. Uninstall .NET FrameWork 1.1
4. Reboot
5. Install IIS 5.1
6. Reboot
7. Install .NET Framework 1.1
8. Reboot
9. Find Microsft Knowledge Base Article: 306005 - follow the instructions as given.
(basically: 'aspnet_regiis.exe -i' and 'regsvr32 %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\version\aspnet_isapi.dll'
10. Reboot

Still get the error: Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1

I have uninstalled the 1.0 version of the framework I have tried:
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
aspnet_regiis.exe -r

and all other options I can think of.

etc etc etc.

Nothing works I still get the same error....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.